Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Follow Us
COVID-19; Uganda's Cases Reach 52

he Ministry of Health registered four new cases of COVID-19 bringing the number of confirmed cases to 52 by Sunday evening. The four cases were part of 300 samples tested on the same day.



Some of the samples were from quarantine centres taken before people under institutional quarantine are released.  According to the health ministry, the testing of suspected cases has helped stop the spread of the disease. So far, over 2,900 samples have been tested at the Uganda Virus Research Institute.


"Out of 300 samples tested today, four are positive for COVID-19. This brings the total number of COVID-19 confirmed cases to 52 in the country.  Let us stay home and stay safe," she said.

They include a 22-year-old Ugandan male (resident of Kikokiro, Wakiso), 66-year-old Ugandan female, a resident of Luzira, 65-year-old Ugandan female, resident of Jinja and 26-year-old Ugandan male, resident of Rubaga.
 

Reports from the ministry show that all confirmed cases are stable and receiving treatment at Mulago National Referral Hospital, Hoima, Adjumani and Entebbe General hospitals. So far Uganda has not reported any cases of recovered or dead patients.

SOURCE: NEWS AGENCIES

What do you think?

Leave comment!

Local News

Local

Fighting COVID: Uganda Ranked 10th and the 1st in Africa

The permanent secretary, ministry of Health Dr Diana Atwine took to her social media pages to congratulate and thank her troops; the front line workers after Uganda got recognized as...

By Salt Media - Sep.28

Local

Only 70 people allowed in places worship -President Museveni

As he addressed the nation at the state house, president Museveni said the he has reopened places of worship, schools for finalists, the airport and borders.

By Salt Media - Sep.21

Local

Pr. Bujjingo not reopening church

Pastor Bujjingo of the house prayer ministries international is delighted that the president opened up the churches and places of worship without many restrictions.

By Salt Media - Sep.21

Local

Naome Kabasharira Voters Resume Protests

Protests have resumed Rwahi-Rwentobo town council in Ntungamo district supporters of Naome Kabasharira wants Ntungamo registrar Maria Mirembe to resign accusing her of ridging votes in favor of Rukutana. The...

By Salt Media - Sep.18

Subscribe

Subscribe

PopFeed: The email recipient specified is either empty or invalid. Please check the plugin options.